Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Primary Care Pharmacy Team and train as a Pharmacy Technician on Arran. In support of our core purpose of working together to achieve the healthiest life possible for everyone in Ayrshire and Arran we are committed to a culture that is caring, safe and respectful therefore the post holder would be expected to work collaboratively to achieve this.
To apply for the job, please click here
If the above link doesn't work, please go to jobs.scot.nhs.uk and enter the Job Reference number 023014
Closing date 8th June.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE. ARRAN UPDATE
Please share and pass to those without access to social media. You can find up to date information on COVID 19 on the NHSinform website.
THE MOST IMPORTANT ACTION – PLEASE STAY AT HOME
It is vital that it is understood that no one is exempt from the advice to stay at home. We must all play our part, follow the national
advice and encourage others to do so. This is hard but very important – PLEASE do not meet others – this includes your friends, partners
and family not in your household. You can spread the virus even if you do not have symptoms. You should only leave the house for very
· shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
· one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
· any medical need, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
· travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
There are extra measures for those SELF ISOLATING or in SHEILDING categories and the advice is available at NHSinform.
Like community hospitals all over Scotland we are without intensive care facilities. We are dependent on ferries and helicopters to
transfer seriously unwell people to mainland hospitals. No one on Arran needs to be told that weather, mechanical issues and demand
can quickly pressure these services. We still have a chance to slow the epidemic on Arran and to save lives. This will only happen if
we all follow the advice stay at home and stop the spread of the virus.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS
FIRST CHECK IF YOUR CONCERNS CAN BE ANSWERED ONLINE AT NHSinform
Most people infected with COVID 19 will have a mild illness. In this scenario you do not need to contact health services and should follow the self-isolation advice. This will help free up capacity for more unwell people.
EVERYONE NEEDING FURTHER ADVICE ABOUT COVID 19 SYMPTOMS SHOULD PHONE 111 (NHS 24) - NOT THE GP PRACTICE.
NHS 24 links to a hub based in Ayrshire & Arran with a wide range of staff to give the most up to date advice. If you need a telephone appointment or need to be seen this team will then liase directly with the GP practice or hospital on Arran.
PHONE NHS 24 on 111 if your symptoms:
· are severe or you have shortness of breath;
· worsen during home isolation;
· have not improved after 7 days.
CONTACTING THE GP PRACTICE – ALWAYS PHONE FIRST 01770 600516
· We are here to support you with all health problems and make sure you still can get the help you need.
· PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY UNLESS YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ARRANGED
· Brodick Health Centre, Whiting Bay & Lochranza Surgeries remain closed. There are limited services at Shiskine.
· Everyone who needs an appointment will first be given a telephone appointment.
· Medicine supply from the dispensary is now by home delivery – thank you to all who are assisting with this.
Welcome to Arran Medical Group
We are committed to providing the highest quality medical care to our patients
The practice has three main surgeries in Brodick Health Centre, Lamlash Medical Centre and Shiskine Surgery. There are also branch surgeries held in Whiting Bay Surgery and Lochranza Surgery.
Arran Medical Group is an accredited GP Training practice. GP Registrars are qualified doctors who have completed between two and five years of hospital training, but who require further general practice experience before entry into practice independently.
We also have Medical Students working with us from time to time.