Welcome to Arran Medical Group
The practice has three main surgeries Brodick Health Centre, Lamlash Medical Centre and Shiskine Surgery. There are also branch surgeries held in Whiting Bay Surgery and Lochranza Surgery (currently not in use).
"To provide professional, accessible, high quality, comprehensive healthcare services that inspires confidence to our patients and our community."
- We aim to provide the best possible outcomes for our patients in a safe and welcoming environment. Our Doctors and staff are approachable, respectful and patient-centred
- We aim to be at the forefront of modern general practice, offering a wide range of services and facilities
- We aim to include teaching and training of medical students, GP Registrars and Nurses
- We aim to use technology smartly to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our administration, patient contact and clinical activity
- We will continue to invest in our staff, diversifying and developing our skills and knowledge base to ensure that we have a highly skilled, resilient and adaptable work force to meet the needs of our patients and communities
- We will seek to collaborate and work in partnership to strengthen community links and respond to local, regional and national initiatives
Our success is built upon the personal and professional achievement of everyone who works at Arran Medical Group.
We are innovative:
We constantly review the service we provide and improve it when and where possible. We use all available resources, including technology to provide the best service we can.
We nurture innovation, lead on learning and development and embrace emerging technologies.
We are caring:
We will put our patients at the heart of all that we do.
We respect and value everyone for their contribution, we engage with the community and local resources where possible, we celebrate peoples’ differences and provide equality of opportunity for all without discrimination.
We are accountable:
We ensure we take responsibility for our actions, and are open and transparent to the people who use our service.
We are fair:
We are consistent in the way we deal with people, both patients and staff, we act courteously, show consideration, compassion and understanding valuing each person as an individual.
We are professional:
We strive to achieve a high level of medical care for our patients and be responsive to medical need both for the individual and for the community as a whole. We maintain our professional learning and follow guidelines where appropriate to do so.
Meet the team
Dr Elizabeth Guthrie
MBChB MRCGP DRCOG
Dr Greg Hamill
MBChB MRCGP DRCOG DFFP
Dr Faye Hamill
MBChB MRCGP DRCOG DFFP PGDiP (Gynaecology)
Dr Graeme Thompson
Dr Andrew Gaw
Dr Tristan Hamade
Dr Isla Barrow
MBChB MRCGP BSc DRCOG DFFP
Dr Kelvin McMillan
Dr Zach Thomson GPST1 (Speciality Training) - will return August 2024
Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Mental Health Practitioner
Community Treatment and Care Nurse
Community Treatment and Care
Community Link Worker
Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician
Michael Da Silva Neto
Arran Medical Group is a training practice
Throughout the sites we enjoy having local school pupils, students, trainees, rural fellows work with us – they bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm into the practice, and teaching is a natural role of being a doctor or nurse. The trainees are fully qualified doctors and work under the supervision of a senior doctor. Trainee doctors may sometimes ask to record consultations, but patients will always be asked in advance and given the choice of declining.
We are grateful to our patients for their understanding that teaching sometimes makes appointments a bit longer, but often a bit more fun and interesting too. It is a vital part of helping to educate and train the next generation of GPs too.