Be a Rural GP and rediscover the joy of General Practice!
Arran Medical Group is looking for a GP to join our well-established, friendly team. The role would be on a three quarter to full time basis, with ‘Out of Hours’ commitments, covering the local hospital, A&E and ‘on call’ GP services.
The Isle of Arran is a beautiful and special place to live and work. The island is a 50 minute ferry journey from the Ayrshire coast, with onward travel to Glasgow in under an hour. www.visitarran.com
This is a rare chance to work in a GP role outside the norm of day to day urban GP services. We retain a good quality of life and work life balance with a less onerous, more relaxed day to day working role.
- Hugely satisfying and varied role with focus on sustainable working patterns and caring for each other
- Traditional GP practice mixed with community hospital, special interest and Out of Hours work
- Typical GP day of 25-28 patient contacts
- GP training and Medical Students. Well established team of 8 GPs.
- Support team includes ANP, CLW, Pharmacist, Physiotherapy, Mental Health Worker and Dispensary
- Well remunerated, generous study leave and annual leave package
- 10K Golden Hello plus relocation expenses
- Salaried or Partnership applications considered
Please visit the services page for more information on our services.
Candidates with Rural GP and ED experience will be well suited to the post but this is not essential. The practice has significant experience in mentoring Rural GP training and in supporting doctors acquire the relevant skill set for this role.
A more comprehensive description of the role can be emailed upon request. For enquiries and further discussion Please contact our Practice Manager Fiona.Horbury@aapct.scot.nhs.uk and/or Dr Greg Hamill: Greg.firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Isla Cox: Isla.Cox@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.
Opportunities to learn with us.
We enjoy providing learning opportunities to medical students and GP trainees, and we participate enthusiastically in the GP Rural Fellowship scheme.
For more information, see the pages below.